[parisc-linux] System hangs after SCSI problems

dub@latnet.lv dub@latnet.lv
Thu, 09 Oct 2003 11:33:01 +0300 (EEST)

> dub@latnet.lv  dub@latnet.lv
> Wed, 24 Sep 2003 18:25:47 +0300 (EEST)
> I run Debian vmlinux-parisc-2.4.20-32-smp on K210. Not recently I faced a
> strange hang situation. Host stopped responding both from network and console,
> ethernet port remained up on link level. In syslog.log and kernel.log I see scsi
> problems.
> After restarting all disks are OK (one of mirror partitions was resynced
> manually).

Hi,

Just for your information. The problem was with a SCSI disk. After a week, it
had more problems and md mirroring removed it. I tried to issue dd.

dd if=/dev/sdf1 of=/dev/null bs=64k
dd: reading `/dev/sdf1': Input/output error

After some seconds the system stopped responding (I saw it when entering the
next command).

My Humble Conclusion. Comaring to HP-UX, Debian is not so stable on PA-RISC
platform. :-)

BR,
Dub