[parisc-linux] Xfree on a B180L

Chuck Slivkoff caslivkoff@speakeasy.net
Mon, 6 Oct 2003 11:39:21 -0400

On Monday, Oct 6, 2003, at 11:23 US/Eastern, Marc Dilasser wrote:

> HP B180L with a 21" Sun monitor, Debian 3.0 r1.
> Xfree runs but the colors are very yellow; harware problems or
> something in
> the XFConfig-4 ?

Marc,

Here are a couple of possibilities that I can think of:

1/ The video timing is set to use sync-on-green (s-o-g). Does the
monitor support it? What type of cable are you using? How does it
connect to the monitor? Does it have HD-15 plug or 3/5-BNC connectors?
Interrupt the boot and type "co mo" at the prompt. What timing is
selected? If it does not list a "VESA" timing, then it is set to s-o-g.
If you are using s-o-g and you have a 5-BNC cable, disconnect the H & V
lines. Otherwise, try one of the VESA entries.

2/ You've selected to run in depth 8 TrueColor. If this is the case,
then it will be normal due to the uneven distribution of RGB (332).
Check the "xwininfo -root" output or look in XF86Config.

-chuck