[parisc-linux] (sans sujet)

Joel Soete soete.joel@tiscali.be
Sun, 30 Nov 2003 19:27:02 +0000

Philos666@aol.com wrote:
> what channel irc on what server ?
Sorry could help for such ( my bad I never get enough time to find one)
> i haven't the HP CD diagnotic
> i not known if it have a different terminaison for the u-wide hhd ans fast
> wide hhd ?

Yes, I think you point out the pb. iirc there are a big difference
between uw and fw terminator (defferent impedence). But I don't remember
how is it possible (that is why I put back ml in cc) to use fw and uw
disk on a same bus (ie connected to the same controler) (iirc i read a
thread on this ml about the subject but I have to look for).
mm (alone on a fw controler), i think that it is possible to configure
(with a jumper) some disk model as 'self terminated'.

I hope some better than I in scsi field could help you more ;)

Joel