[parisc-linux] C3000 and 2.6 - need config help

Joel Soete soete.joel@tiscali.be
Thu, 27 Nov 2003 19:29:44 +0100

Hi all,

> > I've seen a config option 'DUMMY_CONSOLE' in .config, but I don't find
> > how to select it in 'make menuconfig' or any description in Documentation/.
> >
> > I have several machines that run headless - I use serial console then.
> >
>But I never had a situation where I didn't even have serial console ...
>
> yeah - the real problem is init sequence completely changed in 2.6 (vs
2.4).
> We haven't reworked all the same quirks from 2.4 into 2.6 yet.

> So is there current a way to get 2.6 working *without* serial console or
STI ?

I rebuild a k 2.6.0-test11 with my gcc-3.3.2 64bits without SUPERIO and PDC
console. No pb to rebuild but it failled to boot on the b2k :( (and no console
meana no mean to analyse :( ).

Sorry to have no more help, but for such kind of pb I read (some time ago
on lwn) that some one was working on a 'network' console for 2.6 (suporting
at this time tulipe's nic among others iirc). I try to contact him but never
get any feedback. Is somebody known the status of this patch in 2.6?

Thanks,
    Joel

Tiscali ADSL: 12 mois à 29,50 €/mois! L'Internet rapide, c'est pour tout
le monde.
http://reg.tiscali.be/default.asp?lg=fr