[parisc-linux] [OT] VAX toolchain (was: Tool chain pb)

Jan-Benedict Glaw jbglaw@lug-owl.de
Mon, 24 Nov 2003 18:09:32 +0100

--6Xzo4JcPtd4sZwMc

On Sun, 2003-11-23 16:45:50 -0500, John David Anglin <dave@hiauly1.hia.nrc.=
ca>
wrote in message <200311232145.hANLjo4i028914@hiauly1.hia.nrc.ca>:

> > I thrust you - bad for me; I'm currently looking at vax-linux, where we
> > use an quite dated compiler...
>=20
> There is one outstanding PR for the vax which causes labels to be deleted
> after a case insn.  If this gets fixed, you probably should be able to
> switch to GCC 3.4.  I know C builds at -O1.

Not even HEAD binutils will work unpatched for vax-linux (it's missing
Linux glue code as well as configure need to recognize vax-linux (or
vax-dec-linux-gnu)... It's just that there are really little people
interested in Linux on a VAX and thus, even all the work needed to keep
catching up with HEAD is a hard time...

However, *BSD does already support VAX somewhat and I hope that we maybe
can profit from that fact, esp for GCC.

MfG, JBG

--=20
    fuer einen Freien Staat voll Freier B=FCrger" | im Internet! |   im Ira=
k!
   ret =3D do_actions((curr | FREE_SPEECH) & ~(NEW_COPYRIGHT_LAW | DRM | TC=
PA));

--6Xzo4JcPtd4sZwMc

--6Xzo4JcPtd4sZwMc--