[parisc-linux] hppa64-linux-ld segfault

Randolph Chung Randolph Chung <randolph@tausq.org>
Sun, 23 Nov 2003 23:15:51 -0800

> It likely I'm not be the only person running into this.
> And not sure why I'm suddenly seeing this problem though...

The 64-bit binutils in gcc-hppa64 is too old. This problem was fixed a
few months back but we don't yet have a newer packaged binutils. you can
either build one yourself from latest binutils cvs for the hppa64-linux
target, or wait for a new gcc-hppa64 to be packaged. (any volunteers?
;-)

i wanted to update the package to use a newer gcc (it's using 3.0.4
right now) but gcc-3.3 doesn't seem to produce working kernels for
hppa64-linux :( for now i guess we want to build gcc-3.0.4+latest
binutils

randolph
--
Randolph Chung
Debian GNU/Linux Developer, hppa/ia64 ports