[parisc-linux] strace locks up 2.4.22-pa14

Grant Grundler grundler@parisc-linux.org
Sun, 23 Nov 2003 19:25:14 -0700

On Sat, Nov 22, 2003 at 10:45:51PM +0000, Joel Soete wrote:
> hmm b2k and c3k are very brother system in term of architecture and
> components?

yes - identical nearly. Share the same CPU, chipset, and firmware.

>  May I ask you the amount of ram stand in your c3k? (on my
> b2k only 256k).

1GB.

> >If network, then I would guess your merge (or the 2.4.23-rc2 base) has a
> >bug.
>
> Certainly :( [but where, the rest ftp, rsync, nfs-client, gtk-app, ...
> work fine and no special messages neither into kernel, messages or
> syslog?]. Well don't care now, it is just a beat anoying to printout my
> scripts.

ok. TBH, I have no clue then. It might be possible to attach strace to
a running lp deamon, redirect strace output to /dev/console and then
compore what happens different on the b2k when a print job is started.
My hope is the syscall output will get printed before it totallte crashes.

grant