[parisc-linux] [BUG] dcopserver: ICE Connection rejected!

Matthew Wilcox willy@debian.org
Fri, 21 Nov 2003 02:43:39 +0000

On Thu, Nov 20, 2003 at 05:58:38PM -0700, Grant Grundler wrote:
> A few days ago, after an apt-get upgrade, konqueror wouldn't properly
> start anymore. Error output is:
> grundler@debian:~$ konqueror
> _KDE_IceTransmkdir: Owner of /tmp/.ICE-unix should be set to root
> ICE Connection rejected!

The obvious question ... what're the ownership/permissions on
your /tmp/.ICE-unix?  Mine are:

drwxrwxrwt    2 root     root         4096 Nov  9 18:24 .ICE-unix

Inside it, I have:

srwxrwxrwx    1 willy    willy           0 Nov  9 18:24 578