[parisc-linux] Trouble whith hp-pa 712/80

Grant Grundler grundler@parisc-linux.org
Thu, 20 Nov 2003 10:42:17 -0700

On Thu, Nov 20, 2003 at 12:32:28PM +0100, CrazyCat from CPF wrote:
> And after, I try to initialise partition sda5 (sda1 to sda3 are allready
> initialised).
> And the system blocks when writing superblocks....

Is this using a 2.4.22 kernel?
Can you try a newer kernel?

auto-built 2.4.22 kernels are available from:
	http://cvs.parisc-linux.org/download/linux-2.4/autobuild/32

or use a 2.6 kernel if you have serial console:
	http://cvs.parisc-linux.org/download/linux-2.6/autobuild/32

I have no clue why writing superblocks is fast at first and then
slows down dramatically. Feels like the buffer cache get filled
and the VM starts thrashing the disk. Waiting 5 or 10 minutes for
it to complete might be suficient.

grant