[parisc-linux] fdisk problems 2.4 <-> 2.6

Joel Soete soete.joel@tiscali.be
Sat, 08 Nov 2003 10:59:20 +0000

Grant Grundler wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 07, 2003 at 06:52:58PM +0100, Joel Soete wrote:
>
>>>[...] I bet it's calling BLKGETSIZE64 and our put_user() is broken.
>>
>>I trusted that Grant merged the same code in 2.4 and 2.6 for put_user() some
>>time ago?
>

> put_user()?
> I don't recall.
>

>>Is it the same with 64bits kernels?
>

> Can you point me at the modified 2.4 file and I'll check.

IIRC include/asm-parisc/uaccess.h

I do not work more on this stuff because I am awaiting patch that
Randolph (always iirc) should still have in its tree to change the
management of exception (which Matthew assumes to never occur in kernel
mode iirc) (sorry but I just spend half an hour to find back this thread
but without success :( )

hth,
	Joel