[parisc-linux] what's up with the ipc syscalls?

Randolph Chung Randolph Chung <randolph@tausq.org>
Sun, 2 Nov 2003 10:12:52 -0800

> if this makes a difference, something in ipc/util.c is missing. When I
> added the code above, I also made the ipc_parse_version only return
> IPC_64, because we never had IPC_OLD. Older glibc made the call with
> IPC_64 set, so we needed the wrapper in sys_parisc.c. I just looked
> at the 2.4 version of ipc/util.c and it's still ok ...

Ah! that explains it.... that change was not brought forward to 2.6...
i was wondering why my test worked on 2.4 and failed on 2.6....

anyway, if we are only supporting IPC_64, then why mask off the IPC64
bit in the wrapper? if the ipc/utils.c stuff isn't there, wouldn't it
default to doing the right thing when IPC_64 is set?

right now glibc *doesn't* call the syscall with IPC_64, but i'm about to
make it do that again.

thanks,
randolph
--
Randolph Chung
Debian GNU/Linux Developer, hppa/ia64 ports