[parisc-linux] RAID Boot Howto question...

Siraj 'Sid' Rakhada sid@mindless.co.uk
Sun, 25 May 2003 22:18:50 +0100 (BST)

Hi,

I'm installing Debian 3.0r1 on a K370 (via a testing netinst CD due to
issues with PDC or something - I'm not too hot on this stuff yet!). It's
currently sitting on the 'partition a hard disk prompt' while I read up
some more on the RAID stuff...

Which leads me to a question about the RAID howto which is listed on the FAQ.

Basically the author (Martin Petersen) writes at the end of step 7 that he
made a modification to PALO to allow it to boot from RAID partitions...
The HOWTO is dated 14th Jan 2003...

Anyway, I was looking to find information on PALO now, to see if this
change has been incorporated onto a released version - and I think it has
- due to this: http://packages.qa.debian.org/p/palo/news/1.html - also
dated 14th Jan 2003.

Would it be a good idea to list in the RAID boot HOWTO that 'version 1.2
of PALO incorporates the change, and is available in debian/unstable' ?

Best regards,

Sid