[parisc-linux] Inconsistency detected by ld.so:.. / do_page_fault()

Bjoern A. Zeeb bzeeb-lists@lists.zabbadoz.net
Sun, 18 May 2003 16:45:11 +0000 (UTC)

On Sun, 18 May 2003, Randolph Chung wrote:

Hi,

> http://sources.redhat.com/ml/libc-alpha/2003-05/msg00149.html
>
> i just sent this to debian/glibc upstream yesterday.

thanks for the information.

> > I also have other probs with vim and tcpdump and most likely others
> > dumping core and producing a do_page_fault() dump with IAOQ: 4xxxxxxxx
>
> this is because of a gcc bug.
>
> once gcc-3.2 gets patched and glibc gets recompiled, you'll be ok.
> otherwise, consider downgrading to libc6_2.3.1-16 and everything will be
> ok.

what about the gcc-3.3 debs that are distributed ? If I rebuilt the
packages from source with them would they be ok ?

--
Greetings

56 69 73 69 74				http://www.zabbadoz.net/