[parisc-linux] RE: Help configuring an HIL mouse on an HP 715. - (Major disaster! - Am I back at ground level 0?)

Jaime Ash ja@lachivaquemada.com
Fri, 16 May 2003 12:59:17 -0700

>> Is there an easy way to disable the blue screen after booting to the old
>> kernel?

> Yes
> 1) figure out which script is presenting that menu.
>   (eg "fgrep -i new_network /etc/init.d/*")
I assume that by "new_network" you really mean one of the strings that are
displayed in the Debian GNU Linux blue screen with the gray menu (such as
"Choose your current network-environment !", "Set_up_new_environment" or
"Installation_default") and that you are trying to find a file in the init.d
directory that contains that string.  Am I correct?
I tried all three, as follows (but no file was found with any of these
commands):
fgrep -i Set_up_new_environment /etc/init.d/*
fgrep -i Installation_default /etc/init.d/*
fgrep -i 'Choose your current network-environment !' /etc/init.d/*
So, here are my next questions:
1. Is init.d the only directory to search?
2. Can initialization scripts be stored elsewhere?
Best regards,
Jaime