[parisc-linux] Serial console on a 715/33

Vincent Sanders vince@kyllikki.org
Thu, 15 May 2003 18:50:08 +0100

--Qbvjkv9qwOGw/5Fx

I have recently aquired a HP 715/33 machine.
It has 32Mb fitted in a pair of simms and a 2Gb hard disc

I have aquired the machine without keyboard or monitor and as i
intended it to run as a headless system this wasnt an issue. However I
have discovered I need to gain access to the boot prom to change the
settings (I am very familiar with such things from SUN kit). I have
discovered how to get a sensible graphics (1024x768) mode by changing
the dip switches at the back of the board but still dont have a
keyboard.

I have attempted a number of times to get serial console to work by
holding down TOC at boot time to no avail (suggested by mathew
wilcox). I have managed to get the system to boot from the network
using rboot and disconnecting the hard disc then reconnecting the hard
drive and installing debian :-)

This means i have a working debian system but i still cannot get
access to the boot monitor to change any settings.

Does anyone have any clues to get the boot monitor to switch to serial
console without acess to a keyboard or hpux.

--=20
Regards Vincent
http://www.kyllikki.org/

--Qbvjkv9qwOGw/5Fx