[parisc-linux] sym53c8xx.c

Thibaut VARÈNE varenet@esiee.fr
Thu, 15 May 2003 12:20:14 +0200

Le mercredi, 14 mai 2003, à 23:58 Europe/Paris, Matthew Wilcox a écrit :

> The sym53c8xx driver is near to being removed from 2.6.  Can anyone
> think
> of a situation where we might still want it?  I'm concerned that maybe
> some of the fixes didn't go into the sym53c8xx_2 driver.  In
> particular,
> I'd like to know that the sym53c8xx_2 driver in 2.5 works on C3k (wide =

> &
> narrow!) and A500.
We've been using SYM2 on our A500 SMP for quite a large amount of time
now,
not experiencing anymore race problem.
I recall some troubles on B2600 (bame experienced those as well, the box
just went very lazzy; and you could heard the HD twinkling twice a
second)
but we had no chance to test SYM2 on that box lately...
Maybe we can give it a shot on our J5k which is currently running SYM1
(SMP kernel as well).

HTH,

Thibaut VARENE
The PA/Linux ESIEE Team