[parisc-linux] more on canonicalize_funcptr_for_compare

Randolph Chung Randolph Chung <tausq@debian.org>
Wed, 14 May 2003 08:04:01 -0700

> if ((int) fptr == -1 || (unsigned int) fptr < 4096 || !((int) fptr & 2))
>     return (unsigned int) fptr;
>
> so, why doesn't that match the second || case and exit?  (gdb
> disassmbly shows that the code tries to dereference the fptr argument
> and segfaults)

sigh, after some sleep i realize that i was looking at the real 3.3 tree
instead of my backport, and in the current 3.2 patch the second test is
missing....  (because it was derived from an earlier snapshot of jda's
patch)

i'll send an update to debian-gcc... sorry about this.

randolph
--
Randolph Chung
Debian GNU/Linux Developer, hppa/ia64 ports