[parisc-linux] Re: [parisc-linux-cvs] build-tools bame

Matthew Wilcox willy@debian.org
Tue, 13 May 2003 23:50:22 +0100

On Wed, May 14, 2003 at 12:39:02AM +0200, Jan-Benedict Glaw wrote:
> ...as if you had read my thoughts, I'm currently planing a roadmap for
> pushing all ports upstream to Linus and looking for what work I could
> do. Please read it at http://www.lug-owl.de/~jbglaw/linux-ports/ and
> comment on it!

Well, it seems like a complete lie to me.

I think pretty much every architecture on your `really small userbase'
list would take issue with being placed there.  In particular, I think
PPC is the second-largest Linux userbase after x86.

The PA-RISC port doesn't have much in the way of tweaks to common drivers.

I don't understand why you say for 2.4:

"Nearly up to date, many patches need to go upstream"

and for 2.5:

"Not really up to date, but not far away; some work needs to be done..."

I don't know whether you're claiming the kernel.org tree is uptodate or
whether our repository is up to date.  Neither statement seems true for
either case.