[parisc-linux] gcc and -march=2.0 flag bug

Tue, 13 May 2003 13:53:48 -0400 (EDT)

> I've attached the the end of the compilation log of groff which fail with
> -march=2.0 in CXXFLAGS. The same compilation works perfectly without this
> flags or with -march=1.1 instead.

[...]

> troff: Failed assertion at line 654, file `number.cc'.

You didn't say which compiler version that you were using.

As I mentioned, the 3.2 branch is closed for bug fixes.  The failure
doesn't occur with 3.3.  It has a number of -march=2.0 fixes.  The
problem could be C++ related as well.  There are a huge number of C++
fixes in 3.3 relative to 3.3.

Dave
--
J. David Anglin                                  dave.anglin@nrc-cnrc.gc.ca
National Research Council of Canada              (613) 990-0752 (FAX: 952-6602)