[parisc-linux] gcc and -march=2.0 flag bug

Randolph Chung Randolph Chung <randolph@tausq.org>
Mon, 12 May 2003 14:58:37 -0700

> I had some problems with gcc. When I set the CFLAGS/CXXFLAGS -march=2.0, most
> of the applications builded are b0rked. This occured on many stations. Using
> -march=1.1 works well.

How are they "b0rked"? Can you be a bit more precise?

> Is this a 'feature' of unimplemented 64bit userspace or is this a bug ?
>
> In case of a bug, what do you need to debug it.

We compile pa20 32-bit kernels (e.g. for c3k) using 32-bit and
-march=2.0. seems to work. Do you have a test case for what you think
is broken? -march2.0 is really orthogonal to 64-bit userspace.

randolph
--
Randolph Chung
Debian GNU/Linux Developer, hppa/ia64 ports