[parisc-linux] Yet another '__canonicalize_funcptr_for_compare' pb

Sat, 10 May 2003 17:32:14 -0400 (EDT)

> On Sat, May 10, 2003 at 08:31:33PM +0000, Joel Soete wrote:
> > I have another stupid question: as hppa seems to be the only platform
> > requiring this stuff
>
> ia64 and a few others have similar 64-bit function pointers.
> This issue has resurfaced on parisc-linux and ia64-linux mailing
> list regularly.  (2 or 3 times per year).

The ia64 situation differs from the parisc situation in that all
calls are made using function descriptors and the descriptors are
unique.  As a result, it is sufficient to simply compare the function
pointers.

Dave
--
J. David Anglin                                  dave.anglin@nrc-cnrc.gc.ca
National Research Council of Canada              (613) 990-0752 (FAX: 952-6602)