[parisc-linux] Yet another '__canonicalize_funcptr_for_compare' pb

Jan-Benedict Glaw jbglaw@lug-owl.de
Sat, 10 May 2003 22:25:30 +0200

--MG8i8fjnGZSaPbFl

On Sat, 2003-05-10 20:31:33 +0000, Joel Soete <joel.soete@tiscali.be>
wrote in message <3EBD61A5.8030205@tiscali.be>:
>=20
> The kernel seems to compiles well without err but it failled to build=20
> some module again because of '__canonicalize_funcptr_for_compare' needed=
=20
> in tun.o under drivers/net.

This leads me to ask: How do I localize wrong pointer compares?
Compiling 2.5.x with mostly everything compiled as module unhides quite
some modules with suffer from this problem. So is there any simple way
finding out at which address a call to
__canonicalize_funcptr_for_compare happens so that I can localize the
code line?

MfG, JBG

--=20
    fuer einen Freien Staat voll Freier B=FCrger" | im Internet! |   im Ira=
k!
      ret =3D do_actions((curr | FREE_SPEECH) & ~(IRAQ_WAR_2 | DRM | TCPA));

--MG8i8fjnGZSaPbFl

--MG8i8fjnGZSaPbFl--