[parisc-linux] Oops on 2.4.20-pa33

Joel Soete jsoe0708@tiscali.be
Tue, 6 May 2003 19:33:28 +0200

>> That is ok for me (even if I don't understand very well :( ; afaik the
>previous
>> code works fine for gcc<=3.1 and do not seems to concern 64bits? )
>
>The point is that if the new code is always correct, then littering
>the code with #ifdef's makes the code hard to read and maintain. If
>you really need to make the code different for the two cases, it's
>better to conditionally define a function/macro in a single place
>(header file) and use that in the source, rather than having ifdef's
>in many places.
>
>HTH,

Very clear now, but not easy to implement:
- which name to give to such a macro
- where to implement it:
    the temptation to change the definition of SIG_IGN and SIG_DFL in asm-parisc/signal.h
is great but it will solve comparison pb but will broken variable affectation.
    So may be better to define something like:
#define CMP_SIG( (x), (cmp), (y) ( (x) (cmp) (void*)(y) )

(but care have to be taken to always place SIG_... at the right (y) place?)

then change all occurences of SIG_... comparison??

There must be better idea else where but I ignore it :(
Also suggestion is welcome.

Thanks again,
    Joel

Vous surfez avec une ligne classique ?
Economisez jusqu'à 25% avec Tiscali Complete !
Offre spéciale : première année d'abonnement offerte.
... Plus d'info sur http://complete.tiscali.be