[parisc-linux] {kinda OT] A4947A applicability? and FC driver work

Berthold Gunreben b.gunreben@web.de
Sun, 4 May 2003 14:25:05 +0200

Am Sonntag, 4. Mai 2003 06:17 schrieb Matthew Wilcox:
> On Sat, May 03, 2003 at 07:54:57PM -0800, Tom wrote:
> > I found one of these kits on eBay - C200 to C240 upgrade, CPU on
> > mainboard. Do any of the HP techs around here know if it'll also fit a
> > C180? It'd be nice to drop a large performance upgrade into it for not
> > much cash...
>
> Well... it'll _fit_.  Whether firmware will work properly is anyone's
> guess. There's various differences between the C180 and C200 that
> make this combination not sure to succeed.  My personal opinion (and
> not speaking on behalf of my emplyer) is that it's going to work 90%.

I don=B4t think you will be very happy with it. One of the bigger problems =
will=20
be your power supply. The C240 has a much stronger power supply (at least t=
he=20
one that I have) than the C180.=20