[parisc-linux] Program counter from sigcontext, constructurs and -fPIC

Joel Soete joel.soete@tiscali.be
Sat, 03 May 2003 20:48:32 +0000

Carlos O'Donell wrote:

>>>Don't touch -17, the _Unwind_Find_FDE code broke and it's doing damage
>>>to things like 'vi' ... *sigh* I haven't even looked into this (looks
>>>like gcc/glibc clashes again).
>>>

>>Umm could this be why that my b2k crashed when compiling a kernel to test
>>a patch?
>>

>Quite possibly. If you can get a backtrace of the crash you'll se it die
>inside _Unwind_Find_FDE in glibc.

I couldn't anymore check because unfortunately even after comming back
to libc6 sub debian release -16 my b2k crashes severall times. The last
time was badly in the middle of a apt-get dist-upgrade; this crash
corrupt the root fs so that it isn't any more usable. I will try to
recover it asap to check.

That said, I suspect more another hw pb (it is not the first time with
this b2k model on which hp had already have to replace the cpu) or a bug
into cd-ide driver (this is the only model I had the chance to test with
this kind of feature).

>I'm working on fixing this.

Thanks for your attention,
    Joel