Betr.: [parisc-linux] Video card

Jurriaan Kalkman Jurriaan.Kalkman@zrt.nl
Thu, 01 May 2003 11:55:16 +0200

>Hello,
>
>I've installed the Debian PA-Risc in a C360 HP Desktop.
>I have problem with my video card, at the end when i type startx, come =
the message"fatal error, no screens found".
>Can You please help me how can i let it work?
>
>I'm new in this operating system, please write me down what step's and =
how i must do.

It's in the archives for this mailinglist. Also, with this kind of error, =
the exact model
of the videocard is important, and you don't mention it.

>Thank You a lot for helping.
>
>Giovanni
>
>p.s i've search for helping, i found something but i'don't understand how =
to edit (what comands) the XF86Config file.

If you don't know how to edit a file, may I politely suggest not starting
with linux on the PA-RISC architecture? It's one of the faster-moving
linux-versions, where not everything is expected to work, and some
work (ie searching the archives) is to be expected.

Perhaps a nice Knoppix-cd on a regular x86 PC would be better
to start with? Your experience with Linux will certainly be more to
your liking then.

Kind regards,
Jurriaan