[parisc-linux] RDI Tadpole Precisionbook and Linux/PA-RISC

M. Grabert xam@cs.ucc.ie
Sun, 30 Mar 2003 21:30:18 +0100 (IST)

On Sun, 30 Mar 2003, Carlos O'Donell wrote:

> Date: Sun, 30 Mar 2003 14:13:27 -0500
> From: Carlos O'Donell <carlos@baldric.uwo.ca>
> To: Matthew Wilcox <willy@debian.org>
> Cc: M. Grabert <xam@cs.ucc.ie>, parisc-linux@lists.parisc-linux.org
> Subject: Re: [parisc-linux] RDI Tadpole Precisionbook and Linux/PA-RISC
>
> > I tried to get hold of one from them.  They never called me back ;-(
>
> I got a hold of them, and they wouldn't stop bothering me. The only
> thing holding me back was the price. It's like $6K US for one of these
> babies... refurbished at that :} That comes out to a few million
> Canadian clams.
>
> > > Does anybody know whether it could/should/may/will/does run Linux?
> >
> > Obviously it _should_.  But since no-one's tried ...
>
> ... cause they cost an arm and a leg.

Well, actually just you little toe ;)

http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?cgiurl=3Dhttp%3A%2F%2Fcgi.ebay.com=
%2Fws%2F&krd=3D1&from=3DR8&MfcISAPICommand=3DGetResult&ht=3D1&SortProperty=
=3DMetaEndSort&query=3Dprecisionbook

more specifically:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3D3408697535&category=3D=
177

There are 8 (mhh, well, now just 7 ;-) Precisionbooks left!

> I'd love to hear that you boys in IE have cheaper prices on these
> laptops :)

No, we boys in IE just know how to use the 'search' function on Ebay  ;)))

Greetings from =C9ire,

Max