[parisc-linux] Glibc 2.3.2 failures and possible fixes?

Carlos O'Donell carlos@baldric.uwo.ca
Tue, 25 Mar 2003 10:41:44 -0500

> I noticed that a couple of libstdc++ tests that used to fail because
> of the long double mismatch are fixed with 2.3.1-14 :)

Really? I didn't even put in patches for -14? :) This is all strictly
from upstream glibc.

> > > elf/vismain.out
> > > elf/neededtest.out
> > > elf/neededtest2.out
> > > elf/neededtest3.out
> > > elf/neededtest4.out
> > > elf/circleload1.out
> > >
> > > - These have been around for a while, any idea about how to fix them?
> >
> > They've certainly been around since I was hacking on glibc ...
>
> Are you testing with 3.3?  Some elf tests in the binutils suite
> were failing because of the need to canonicalize function pointers.
> There were also some tests that failed because we absolutely need
> '-fPIC' for tests with shared libraries.  I'd be interested to know
> what's causing these.

I can rebuild it using 3.3 and see if this goes away. Right now I'm
building with 3.2.3. I sure hope getting rid of these is as easy as
building with 3.3!

On a second note, I've completely revamped the sysdep-cancel support
since I must have been smoking crack when I wrote it... so I'm going to
compile another round that should come out much better (hopefully
removing all the linuxthread failures).

Thanks for the feedback!

c.