[parisc-linux] Glibc 2.3.2 failures and possible fixes?

Carlos O'Donell carlos@baldric.uwo.ca
Mon, 24 Mar 2003 16:35:08 -0500

John, Tausq,

Succeeded in building glibc 2.3.2 with syscall cancellation support, but
I'm pretty sure it's wrong.

The current list of failures includes:

iconvdata/bug-iconv3.out

- This is a new one.

math/test-fenv.out
math/test-float.out
math/test-double.out
math/test-ifloat.out

- We've had the math test failures for a while, would you like it if I
  tried building glibc with gcc head? It's been so long I've forgotten
  if this was really the delayed fp stuff that I fogot to implement :}
  Will get around to testing this more near the end of April.

stdlib/tst-strtod.out
stdlib/bug-strtod.out

- These are not so new, but indicate problems.

libio/tst-mmap-eofsync.out
libio/tst-mmap-fflushsync.out

- New kernel with Tausq's mmap flushing changes should make these go
  away... have to go into the office to install a new kernel.

dlfcn/default.out
dlfcn/tststatic.out

- New, possibly related to syscalls.

posix/annexc.out

- Expected.

linuxthreads/ex8.out
linuxthreads/ecmutex.out
linuxthreads/ex14.out
linuxthreads/ex15.out
linuxthreads/bug-sleep.out
linuxthreads/tst-cancel1.out
linuxthreads/tst-cancel2.out
linuxthreads/tst-cancel3.out
linuxthreads/tst-cancel4.out
linuxthreads/tst-cancel5.out
linuxthreads/tst-cancel6.out
linuxthreads/tst-popen.out
linuxthreads/tst-popen2.out
linuxthreads/tst-cancel-static.out
linuxthreads/tst-cancel-wrappers.out
rt/tst-shm.out
rt/tst-clock.out
rt/tst-aio.out
rt/tst-aio64.out
rt/tst-aio2.out
rt/tst-aio3.out
rt/tst-aio4.out
rt/tst-aio5.out
rt/tst-aio6.out
rt/tst-aio7.out

- I broke a lot of stuff... :}

elf/vismain.out
elf/neededtest.out
elf/neededtest2.out
elf/neededtest3.out
elf/neededtest4.out
elf/circleload1.out

- These have been around for a while, any idea about how to fix them?

Cheers,
Carlos.