[parisc-linux] /lib/ld.so.1 (glibc) issues on 2.5 kernel??

Carlos O'Donell carlos@baldric.uwo.ca
Thu, 20 Mar 2003 09:14:08 -0500

Ryan,

> 	user_entry: 41001fb4
> 	ENTRY_POINT: 41027082

Intereting...

> Since they are different, the if statement fails... My belief
> is they should be the same when /lib/ld.so.1 is called because
> of the following comment inside this if statement:

I wouldn't trust code comments.

> to me there looks like two things that could be wrong:
>
> 1.  The exec->e_entry needs to be fixed in the kernel, so it matches
>     the _start of the library.
>
> 2.  The ENTRY_POINT needs to be changed in glibc for parisc-linux.
>
> I am planning to pursue option 1 unless someone thinks option 2 is the
> correct option to pursue.

Would you be willing to ask this question on
libc-alpha@sources.redhat.com? If not, I could push the question out
there and see what the official solution should be and why.

I'm interested to know why this broke? :)

c.