[parisc-linux] Problem with CDROM

Brian Beaver beaverb@nexus.dmsc.k12.ar.us
Tue, 18 Mar 2003 12:45:55 -0600 (CST)

One of the schools I serve has been donated a HP 9000 DE 220.  I've
figured out the serial console, but I can't find out how to add the CDROM
drive as a boot drive.  The IPL shows the removable media and the Lan
module as bootable.

P0  8/16/5.6  removable media (IPL)
P1  8/16/6.0  LAN module

I don't know how to find the CDROM drive in the SCSI chain.  Looking at
the mailing list archives, I found that it needed to be a HP SCSI CDROM
(it is).  I just don't know how to set up the machine to look for a
bootable CDROM in the drive (I'm planning installing Debian hppa).

Thanks,

Brian Beaver, M.Ed. Technology Coordinator "For every complex problem
DeQueen-Mena Educational Cooperative        there is an answer that is
305 S. Hornberg Ave., Gillham, AR 71841     clear, simple, and wrong."
870.386.2251  FAX:  870.386.7731            -- H. L. Mencken