[parisc-linux] bootp/tftpd :(

Thibaut VARENE varenet@esiee.fr
Wed, 12 Mar 2003 19:57:53 +0100

There's something wrong with you.

Rule nb 1: NEVER answer in private to a mailing-list message.

Rule nb 2: NEVER claim there's a bug for software that works perfectly=20=

well for thousands of peoples (unless you run unstable, but then ALWAYS=20=

blame yourself).

Rule nb 3: ALWAYS suspect a problem with the hardware when something=20
goes wrong. (moreover if the hardware seems to have already failed.=20
What's that scsi error you're talking about ?)

Rule nb 4: ALWAYS post output and give details when reporting a bug.=20
How could I guess what's wrong with your box if I can't have a look at=20=

dmesg for instance? When does your machine hangs? Are the boot=20
parameters correct? Haven't you forgotten the "root=3D" argument? What=20=

are the kernel arguments you used? How the hell am I supposed to guess=20=

that kind of info?

and what's that superblock/filesystem stuff you're talking about, how=20
did you get to that step?
network images only contains a kernel, they're not supposed to launch=20
any installer...

let me suggest you to check items 2) and 6) from the template message=20
as well.

Thibaut VARENE
The PA/Linux ESIEE Team
http://pateam.esiee.fr/

Le mercredi, 12 mar 2003, =E0 17:20 Europe/Paris, trnepal a =E9crit :