[parisc-linux] Re: RFC: mmap patch

Randolph Chung Randolph Chung <tausq@debian.org>
Sat, 8 Mar 2003 15:31:41 -0800

> You need merely 9MB of address space (2 * 4MB) if you implement
> my {copy,clear}_user_page() dynamic mapping hack, that will be
> tons more cheaper than any kmap based scheme and also be nicer
> on the TLB as there will be zero TLB changes occurring around
> the copy/clear.

i hope i'm not missing something obvious, but from what i understand
from this discussion, {copy,user}_user_page helps with the initial
syncing up of new mappings that are created for a process... but how
does this deal with syncing up changes afterwards? for that we still
need the flush_dcache_page to walk the user mappings right?

randolph
--
Randolph Chung
Debian GNU/Linux Developer, hppa/ia64 ports