[parisc-linux] Kernel compilation for J5600

Randolph Chung Randolph Chung <randolph@tausq.org>
Sun, 29 Jun 2003 23:30:26 -0700

> I'm trying to enable an usb mouse/keyboard on a J5600. I followed the
> instructions described on the parisc-linux website but was unable to get them
> working. I suspect there are some special options to enable for USB but which
> ones? As this is a SMP system I cannot use the prebuild kernels. So if someone
> can outline the options to enable usb, that would be great ;)

Why can't you use the prebuilt kernels? kernel-image-2.4.20-32-smp
supports SMP (and the corresponding 64-bit version too...)

parisc machines use the OHCI driver, which is enabled by default in the
debian kernels.

CONFIG_USB=y
CONFIG_USB_DEVICEFS=y
CONFIG_USB_OHCI=y
CONFIG_USB_STORAGE=m
CONFIG_USB_HID=y
CONFIG_USB_HIDINPUT=y

randolph
--
Randolph Chung
Debian GNU/Linux Developer, hppa/ia64 ports