[parisc-linux] warning: minor abi change

Joel Soete joel.soete@tiscali.be
Sat, 28 Jun 2003 10:48:23 +0000

Grant Grundler wrote:

>Joel,
>I mistakenly replied only to you on my previous mail.
>Can you please forward my previous reply to parisc-linux mailing list
>or send a copy back to me - I'll post it to the list then.

No pb, I kust forward it to the p-l ml.

>On Fri, Jun 27, 2003 at 06:14:58PM +0200, Joel Soete wrote:
>

>>Hi Grant,
>>

>>>diff -NaurX dontdiff linux-2.4.21-pa0/drivers/ide/pci/ns87415.c linux-2.4.21-rc8-pa35/drivers/ide/pci/ns87415.c
>>>

>>>This is for c3000/j5000/et al workstations.
>>>NS "SuckyIO" multifunction chip includes ns87415 compatible IDE controller.

>>>This is something different - but I'd think this is needed too.
>>>Make sure this isn't a merge error (ie see if it's defined elsewhere).
>>>

>>I need it to make work my ide cdrom onto my b2k (I grab this stuff
>>from another platform)
>>

>ah ok.
>
>The IDE CDROM are pretty standard devices. Note the DMA does NOT work.
>And even with PIO mode, it just barely works - enough to do an install.
>So don't use it too much unless you can afford to crash your box.
>At least that was my experience with 2.4.19 or so.

Yes also experiment this inconvinience. I just needed it to install the
initial debian (in its time) and now to read some doc or small ft via rw-cd.

>>The following stuff is just a variant (just for info)
>>

>ok.

>>>If they are no longer referenced, that's fine.
>>>

>>hmm in fact the last ref of 'cpu_irq_actions' is in arch/parisc/kernel/processor.c
>>and now embrace by #if 0 [...] #endif
>>(I will see to cleanup too)
>>

>ok
>

>>>I need the above changes in a format that I apply with "patch -p1 < diff"
>>>

>>Here is attached Mydiff2421.txt
>>

>ok. let me apply local and try it out first.

Logical

> If all is well, should see
>something by this weekend.

It works for my b180 and b2k. I will test it also on the N (still UP
mode) next week.

Good luck and thanks for your attention,
    Joel