[parisc-linux] Re: ATY RAGE XL progress or Dino gscpci bridge pb?[was: Re: HP C180 video card]

Grant Grundler grundler@parisc-linux.org
Mon, 23 Jun 2003 21:44:42 -0600

On Mon, Jun 23, 2003 at 12:18:36PM +0100, Matthew Wilcox wrote:
> x86 typically doesn't need to call pci_enable_device, so people who've
> never tried their driver on any other box may have missed it.

Happen to know if that is true for hotplug support?
ie does x86 requires something like pci_enable_device() for hotplug to work?

BTW, my comment was actually intended for other parts of the code I
was digging though, not the just lack of pci_enable_device().

grant