[parisc-linux] Re: HP C180 video card

Grant Grundler grundler@parisc-linux.org
Sun, 15 Jun 2003 10:19:48 -0600

On Sun, Jun 15, 2003 at 04:11:46PM +0000, Joel Soete wrote:
> I tried to use a "PGX64 alias Rage xl " pluged in the first slot of my
> b180L. It seems to be well supported by kernel 2.4.21 (modeprobe
> ati128fb; # modules were well loaded).

cool - that's a good first step. I don't know where to go from there.

> But no success to make XFree86
> works (fbset /dev/fb0 not found)

Maybe it's as simple as "mknod /dev/fb0 ..." ?
if the driver loads without complaining, I'd expect fbset command
to work too.

> and even when I change console path to
> graphics(1[a]) I never reach to obtain boot prompt on the screen (which
> never seems to recieve init signal?).

PDC/IODC/STI won't know anything about the Rage XL card.
There's no way you can use that as a console.

> I do not understand, it seems to be a common pci gfx card? any idea?

I don't either really. Just guessing.

grant