[parisc-linux] palo II

Joel Soete jsoe0708@tiscali.be
Thu, 12 Jun 2003 10:45:47 +0200

>> Joel gave a perfect example of when devfs would come of perfect use,
> variation of scsi devices fucks up "sdb", "sdc" and so on.

>Seperate the theory from the implementation. The implementation has real
>problems. The theory has permission management problems

I was just looking for a sol to this anoying scsi disk named to refer to
(a la /dev/[r]dsk/cXtXdX on hpux or /dev/dsk/cXtXdXsX on solaris; ie a name
independent of the scan order of [scsi] interfaces)

>Dell have a nice little app that generates the right symlinks by device
>all in user space

I will try to find it and test

Thanks,
    Joel

ps: btw merge 2.4.21 any news? now for > 2.4.22 (for my part no info from
Marcelo neither 'no' nor 'yes'; is there some specific ml archive to read)

Découvrez les 6 clés et gagnez le Club Med à Vie avec Tiscali
http://www.tiscali.be/nl/subs/tiscali4life/default.asp?lang=fr