[parisc-linux] compiler & kernel (2)

M. Grabert xam@cs.ucc.ie
Wed, 4 Jun 2003 19:50:16 +0100 (IST)

Sorry for replying my own mail:

The BogoMIPS problem was in fact due to a bug in a gcc-3.3 (up to debian
prerelease 20030415). However it was already fixed in Debian prerelease
20030509.

the last mail contained two attachments:

- dmesg (the dmesg of my current -pa35 kernel, using SYM1 and 53c700 from
         2.4.19-pa2, no BogoMIPS problem) and

- dmesg2 (FIRST: the dmesg of a vanilla -pa35 kernel, using SYM2 and
          original 53c700, BogoMIPS problem.
          SECOND:
          You can see it doesn't even boot ('target is suffering from tag
          starvation' and the kernel hang) so I rebooted to 2.4.19-pa2.
          It's dmesg is also in this file.

Thanks, Max