[parisc-linux] eisa nic: intel 82556. Driver?

Grant Grundler grundler@parisc-linux.org
Tue, 29 Jul 2003 15:32:35 -0600

On Mon, Jul 28, 2003 at 04:55:25PM -0300, Diego Francisco de Gastal Morales wrote:
> 	I just installed linux on a HP9000/D280. It's all fine,
> except the machine has two eisa fast ethernet cards, with intel 82556
> chipset, and I can't make it work.

No EISA cards which require DMA will work (yet).
Wax (EISA bus controller) docs haven't been published and a non-coherent
IOMMU (have I got that right, James?) needs to be programmed for DMA.

It's likely someone from inside HP will have to write that code
since it's gotten alot harder to publish stuff.

grant