[parisc-linux] Installing - creating superblock locks up

Matt Standish mstandish@caci.com
Fri, 11 Jul 2003 15:01:16 -0500

Hello-
I am trying to install the latest net install ISO's.

My system is labeled Apollo Series 700 but the info command gives the following
Machine model 9000/730
Hardware version 8224
Software Version 1153

On bootup I see it has
PDC rom 2.0
IODC rom 2.0
176M ram

The SCSI controller is labeled SCSI Single ended.

Looking at the machine I can see it contains a  A1659-66001 video (frame buffer).  I am assuming this is not stock as the documentation on HP's web site states nothing about it.

My machine locks up (no heartbeat) when creating superblocks for formatting the hard drives.  I have tries this on many different drives and receive the same results.

I have read the FAQ and googled the archives to death.  If anyone can point me the right direction, It would be a great help.  I have 5 of these machines.

-Matt