[parisc-linux] Corrections for RAID1 howto and Resyncing after failure

Joel Soete jsoe0708@tiscali.be
Wed, 9 Jul 2003 15:43:49 +0200

> Well, no, you're always going to have to quiesce the device.  Otherwise
it's
> like turning the machine off without halting -- random things are cached
and
> simply never make it back to disc.

Ah yes, (my bad, i thought but not write) I would have to specify that I
spok about hotplugable I/O device in general (FC, NIC,... with the famous
blue led) and not about disk which we qualify here as 'hotswapable' disk.

Thanks,
    Joel

Soldes Tiscali ADSL : 27,50 euros/mois jusque fin 2003.
On s'habitue vite à payer son ADSL moins cher!
Plus d'info? Cliquez ici... http://reg.tiscali.be/default.asp?lg=fr