[parisc-linux] Corrections for RAID1 howto and Resyncing after failure

Dub dub@latnet.lv
Tue, 08 Jul 2003 21:03:22 +0300 (EEST)

Hi,

1. The document on
http://www.parisc-linux.org/faq/raidboot-howto.html
is really great. However, there is one exception

Command from FAQ:
mdadm --create /dev/md0 --level 1 --raid-devices=2 missing /dev/sdb2

Command working with curreny woody release:
mdadm -C /dev/md0 --level raid1 --raid-disks 2 missing /dev/sde2

There is no --raid-devices option in my release!

2.

I have mirrored boot, swap and root devices on pair of physical disks. I took
off one hot-plug disk and returned it back.
root device did not want to resync even after reboot.

md0 : active raid1 sde2[1] sda2[0]
      33728 blocks [2/2] [UU]

md1 : active raid1 sde3[1] sda3[0]
      525248 blocks [2/2] [UU]

md2 : active raid1 sda5[0]
      4218752 blocks [2/1] [U_]

I fixed it by command

mdadm /dev/md2 -a /dev/sde5

What's wrong???

Kernel was compiled with CONFIG_HOTPLUG=y

Many thanks in advance for your help!

BR,
Dub