[parisc-linux] warning: minor abi change

Joel Soete joel.soete@tiscali.be
Sun, 06 Jul 2003 16:12:49 +0000

Grant Grundler wrote:

>On Sat, Jul 05, 2003 at 07:53:34PM -0400, John David Anglin wrote:
>

>>Instead of adding (void *) to each comparison,
>>

>This is just a temporary workaround and I have no plans of committing
>any (void *) casts to fix this problem.
>

>>you could add a kernel
>>version of __canonicalize_funcptr_for_compare:
>>
>>__canonicalize_funcptr_for_compare:
>>	bv %r0(%r2)
>>	copy %r26,%r28
>>
>>or for PA 2.0
>>
>>__canonicalize_funcptr_for_compare:
>>        bve (%r2)
>>	copy %r26,%r28
>>
>>I think there was a possible solution along these lines posted on the list
>>a few months ago (joel?).

Yes I test succesfully (as w-a) some similar solution. (see:
<http://lists.parisc-linux.org/pipermail/parisc-linux/2003-May/019982.html>)
but I doubt that it is the right way ...

>Ok.  I didn't see it when trolling the mail archive.
>No matter, I'll try it.
>Anyone have an opinion on which arch/parisc file this should go in?

... arch/parisc/lib/fptr.c seems well the right place (what do you think?)
but the rest of EXPORT_SYMBOL was just 'to make it compile' but do not
sound (please don't ask me to decribe this sound :) ) to me the way it
have to be (sorry I was waiting more guidance to submit more complete
work :( )

hth,
    Joel