[parisc-linux] RDI Precision Book 160

M. Grabert xam@cs.ucc.ie
Fri, 4 Jul 2003 12:08:27 +0100 (IST)

On Fri, 4 Jul 2003, Joel Soete wrote:

> Hi Martin,
>
> >    I've recently acquired an RDI Precision Book 160 which is currently
> > running HP-UX 10.2.  From what I can find in the relevant documentation
> > it is allegidly completely compatible with the HP B series workstations
> > and thus should run Linux.  Does anyone have any experience with
> > installing / running Linux on these?  It is possible?  What devices are
> > supported?  Is Linux the best choice for this machine?
>
> Yes it works have a look on the thread:
> <http://lists.parisc-linux.org/pipermail/parisc-linux/2003-March/019613.html>

Yes, I also bought one of these RDI Precisionbooks from eBay (probably
even from the same guy as you did).
It works fine, except I have some problems with the (internal) keyboard,
ie. the control/function keys are mapped somewhat weird, eg. CapsLock = Ctrl.

A second thing is that stifb only works for me if you attach a external
monitor, but sticon works fine with the internal LCD. I suspect that the
stifb driver clears some flag that it should use the internal LCD during
initialization.

If someone is interested I'd sell mine, since I need some money :-/

greetings, Max