[parisc-linux] Hardware Database & User Contacts

MichaelS.Zick MichaelS.Zick
Thu, 30 Jan 2003 09:21:49 -0600

Group.

I was just browsing the pages, trying to get an idea if I had
just volunteered for a 2-line change or a 2-million line change...

Question 1:
The user registration form says "... You will not be contacted..."

I always read that as: "We will not spam you with advertisements."
But others may have read that as: "You will not be contacted."

Possible answers :
1.a - Give up on the idea of recommending this use of the
hardware database information.

1.b - Add a field meaning: "Willing to give advice on this."
Then initialize that field for all current members to "No".

1.c - Hide the email address field from public view
(developer only view, like it says now) unless the
"Willing to give advice on this." thing is marked.

Question 2:
Is there a way to update this registration information?

2.a - At this time, my e-mail address is wrong, I would like
to update it.

2.b - If we set all existing users to 1.b - "No"; is there a
way for them to update it to "Yes"?

Mike