[parisc-linux] Ok all

Grant Grundler grundler@dsl2.external.hp.com
Sun, 26 Jan 2003 14:52:05 -0700

On Sun, Jan 26, 2003 at 12:17:31AM -0800, Sir Ace wrote:
> > uhm...what are you building that takes 4 days?
> > Not even glibc or xfree86 takes that long.
>
> On 128 Meg of ram, and 1 100Mhz pa7200, openssl, openssh, 2.4.20 kernel,
> gcc 2.95.3, pine, and several other apps...  Remembering things don't
> normally build the first time around, and tweaks must be made...

ok. but you definitely are not building gcc 2.95.3 - we've never used that.
gcc 3.0 is the first release for parisc.

> Ok, then I will give credit to everyone who got it this far, I am happy I
> might be able to get the workstations here in my office off of HP/UX 10.20
> and into this decade, even if I have to setup NFS-root clients to do it.

I've been using b180 w/parisc-linux as desktop/debian mirror for almost
a year now. only thing to crash the box was audio driver and test
kernels. But some things are missing that HPUX has: NetMeeting
support (T.120 specifically; GnomeMeeting supports H323), performance.

grant