[parisc-linux] Um... WTF?

Thibaut VARENE varenet@esiee.fr
Sat, 25 Jan 2003 14:11:30 +0100

On Sat, 25 Jan 2003 17:17:51 +0800
"Andrew Shugg" <andrew@neep.com.au> wrote:

> Grant Grundler said:
> > On Fri, Jan 24, 2003 at 03:37:28PM -0800, Sir Ace wrote:
> > > Herein lies the problem, some how EVERY DAMN THING on the system
> > > seems to be built against ncurses,
> >
> > Right. *system* being the operative word here.
>
> Poor Sir Ace must be confused.  A Debian GNU/Linux 3.0 install on hppa
> should work fine.  Look at all these happy people who are running it!
http://pateam.esiee.fr/realisations.html

FWIW, when I encounter such diseases on _any_ platform, I first suspect
the hardware, not the "it-works-for-thousands-of-persons" software.

What's more, no need to use CAPS, exclamations and other insults to ask
questions or report problems. You won't get any result but upsetting
guys who did a _damn good work_ to make the stuff work.

Thibaut VARENE
The PA/Linux ESIEE Team
http://pateam.esiee.fr/

--
It's always easy to criticize one's work, but try to do it first...