[parisc-linux] Interesting network card ...

Nahkola Mikko mnahkola@trinms01.ntc.nokia.com
Wed, 15 Jan 2003 10:56:20 +0200

What's the deal with the various HP-branded tulip-based NICs? Are they
expected to "just work" or what? I found one that sure doesn't, but then
again, but my kernel isn't actually new ... (2.4.18-32 packaged)

The card is the HP ANA-6911A/AUI (yes, it's a 10/100BT with coax and
AUI too), part# A3738-60001, and it _is_ found by the tulip driver, but
for some reason the driver claims that "no MII transceiver found", and
does list the 10B2 and AUI connections too. But I can't seem to make it
form a link with TP or coax, no matter what I do. And the AUI connector
is blocked by the C240 chassis. Is there a simple way to force the use of
a certain transceiver? Tried mii-tool already and it didn't help much -
but then again it doesn't seem to know about the coax and AUI at all...

Then again, I haven't tested this card on HP-UX either yet so it could be
a hardware problem...

--
Mikko Nahkola   <mikko.nahkola@nokia.com>
Tre-IN sysadmin <mnahkola@trein.ntc.nokia.com>