[parisc-linux] new gcc-default for hppa

Patrick Caulfield patrick@tykepenguin.com
Tue, 14 Jan 2003 08:22:12 +0000

On Mon, Jan 13, 2003 at 12:38:26PM -0700, Grant Grundler wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 13, 2003 at 07:36:03PM +0100, jsoe0708@tiscali.be wrote:
> > Well as mentionned in another mail, I just compile the 2.4.20-pa21 with
> > this new release and it always compile well, always boot well but also as
> > soon as a network connection is tempted the system still crash.
> >
> > And ? it just printout Stack Dump: (thousand time) but nothing more??
> > Do I do again something wrong?
>
> probably not. the stack dump is something I sometimes comment out
> since it interfers with the register dump (which is more interesting).
>

> > never the less, Here I got the pim info:
> > PROCESSOR PIM INFORMATION
>
> > GR2 = 0000000010110850
> > Func: inb, Off: 7c, Addr: 0x10110850
>
> > I do not know if it is relevant but HTH (me no :( )
>
> Knowing it's inb() helps a bit. But we really need to know
> who called inb. Unless we get a nice stack unwind, we just
> have to guess based on activity that caused the crash and
> last dmesg output from the console.
>
> Sounds like the networking card you are attempting to
> use isn't enabled properly by the driver.
> Can you remind me which type of machine this is running
> on and which type of NIC you are using?

I doubt this is exactly the case. I have the same problem with my C110 in that
connecting to the box over ssh will kill it (with a gcc 3.2 compiled kernel) but
DECnet works fine with that kernel.

Oddly, DECnet does /not/ work with a gcc 3.0.4 compiled kernel (it doesn't crash,
just produces bogus packets), though ssh does - as we know.

patrick